RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All contestants must be Barbadian citizens.
- Acts requiring more than eight (8) feet of ceiling height will not be allowed.
- Acts will be allotted no more than five (5) minutes to perform.
- Participants will be penalized if time is exceeded.
- A participant may only perform once during a show. Group acts must contain no more than
SIX (6) persons. Any participant found to have done otherwise will be disqualified.
- No profanity or vulgar lyrics will be allowed in any performance.
- No nudity allowed. Keep attire at respectful and tasteful levels.
- No ambush marketing (means advertising rival products or companies at the event, of the
official sponsors e.g Flow products if Digicel is the sponsor).
- No alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be represented on any clothing, props,
lyrics or in any gestures.
- No pyrotechnics, open flames, or any other dangerous additions will be allowed.
- Performers must provide their own recorded music, instruments and props.
- Recorded music MUST be submitted via email forty-eight (48) hours prior to the
performance, in MP3, MP4 or WAV file format (There will be NO EXCEPTIONS)
- All qualifiers must attend all scheduled rehearsals and workshops.
- All approved acts/talents will undergo an orientation session prior to each parish audition.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO THESE RULES
Note: See below for judging criteria
The Judging criteria will be based on the following for a total of 100 points;
Presentation: Stage presence, showmanship and appearance, appropriate attire and use of props. (20pts)
Technical correctness: Voice quality, pitch and projection/use of instrument, Rhythm, precision and technique/ coordination. (20pts)
Creativity: originality, creativity in delivery of act and Uniqueness (20pts)
Interaction and Response: (20pts)
Social Media: (10 pts), Text to win (5 pts) and Audience response (5 pts)
A pool of judges will be appointed to serve the talent shows.
The Judges’ decision is binding and final on all matters relating to this contest.